Thursday, October 27, 2016

TASK Changes Pending

The following will be old news to those who were at Monday's meeting, but for the others:

We will have a huge overhaul to TASK in the next couple of months. TASK will now be comprised of an Executive Committee (8 teens in High School) and smaller sub-committees (gaming, life skills, readers, etc.-more on this later). It is my hope (and the expectation of the other members) that this will be a better way to play off of every teen's skill-set and interests.

And the thought of that makes me super-excited.



The main volunteering component will split off as we resurrect the Volunteen Program.

Both of these will be treated as separate entities, so you will need to reapply for either/both when new applications begin to arise. For some of you that have multiple months as inactive members (not including those that have been excused by me for other reasons) will need to come to that interview prepared to tell me why this time will be different with you being able to fulfill the requirements expected of you.

The new TASK will have a vastly different approach to what we have been doing, but we are going to give it a shot throughout the next year. And I'm sure we will all be exhausted and stressed as we begin to go through some of these changes.



Bear with me and be prepared to give your honest feedback as we go on-remember this is your group and you need to feel free to make it into what you want/need.

I'll be back with updates as I have them.

No comments:

Post a Comment